[En-Nut-Discussion] NutGetMillis is a _very expensive_ function on Ethernut3

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sun Aug 17 14:34:17 CEST 2008

Hi!

> Can't you use one of the system timers and then calibrate it's results
> with cy22393 and get fast accurate enough time stamps? I didn't spot any
> time stamp counter on that ARM chip. I have seen those on other ARMs thou.

As a first solution I configured a fixed CPU frequency. Now NutGetMillis
does not request any more the CPU frequency. But time() for example
still does communicate with the rtc. This might be ok for the moment.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |