[En-Nut-Discussion] :Re: Ethernet Failure

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Dec 5 09:06:03 CET 2008

Johan,

Please do not use top posting. See netiquette at
I assume, with inline replying you may have answered all my questions.

JOhan ferouskain wrote:
> the basemon code i used is the .hex provided under the bin folder for the atmega128 ,and it works fine ,while none
> of the other precompiled hex files that make use of the ethernet work.

Basemon is special and works on almost any ATmega128 board. The other
hex files in this folder may be compiled for the Ethernut 2, which uses
a different Ethernet Controller. Again: Were you able to connected to
the webserver in Basemon?

>   As i reported in the  last letter what troubles me is that i get an error of zero while the
> dhcp client is idle(code 0)  and even this is not stable and  the error might change to 19
> some times.

That may have several reasons. Did you try a fixed IP address?

>     I would also like to note that the rest of the application works fine,but for some reason
> i cant seem to make ethernet work.

Also this may have several reasons. Have you been able to compile and
run the httpd sample for Ethernut 1.3F?