[En-Nut-Discussion] question: about video streaming

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Dec 15 15:35:39 CET 2008

samkol chea wrote:

> I am new to Ethernut programming. I wonder if anyone has succeeded in implementing video streaming using Ethernut. My project requires me to capture the video and stream the video to a PC. The image sensor captures the video, and JPEG compressor compresses the image. What I want to know is how we can send those images to a PC (connected to the Ethernut board via ethernet). It can be either UDP or TCP, and the frame rate is not important.

Well, actually we created
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut5/
for this. It may work with an ARM SAM7 as well.

For the AVR it depends on the video resolution. If I'm not wrong, Jesper
Hansen from
http://www.myplace.nu/
did something long time ago.

The protocol doesn't really matter, if you don't care about the frame
rate. Probably HTTP would be a good choice.

egnite GmbH
Erinstr. 9
44575 Castrop-Rauxel
Germany

Fon +49 (0)23 05-44 12 56
Fax +49 (0)23 05-44 14 87

http://www.egnite.de/
http://www.ethernut.de/

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 19783
USt-IdNr.: DE 189520047
Geschäftsführung: Harald Kipp