[En-Nut-Discussion] Device independent bitbang drivers should use the device independent GPIO API.

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:09:39 CET 2008

Hi,

    Continuing my effort to port ethernut to AVR32, I found that the
device independent bitbang drivers are using "old style" GPIO
interface, which makes it quite a bit less "device independent" than
it should be. The worst part is a very bit #ifdef __AVR__ #else #endif
block. This means it's only device independent for 2 device
categories, the AVR's and ARM's, adding a second family, the AVR32,
breaks that.

   I would like to have it use GpioPinSetLow/GpioPinSetHigh and
friends instead. It should work. But I don't have a way to test those
changes.
   Help anyone?

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa