[En-Nut-Discussion] at91sam7x bloader

Szemző András saam at kometa.hu
Wed Feb 6 11:02:47 CET 2008

Hi,

I would like to update my firmware on a sam7x board from web. With AVR it's
not too difficult, but I don't know ARM7 remapping and linker scripts enough
yet for it.

I've got a dataflash connected to at91, so the method will be to upload the
new firmware from web, store in the dataflash, reboot, and a bootloader will
update the firmware from dataflash if it needs.

I have no problems with dataflash, internal flash, web side, my only problem
is the bootloader. It will live in the 0x0 address, and Nut app will be at
0x4000 for example.
In this case I need to modify the the at91sam7x_ram.ld script to place Nut
app at address 0x4000, right?
But how I need to setup the bootloader's .ld script. and if I upload the
internal flash from dataflash, I need to simply jump to address 0x4000, or
what? :)

Thanks your help.

Regards,
Andras

----
Kometa 99 Élelmiszeripari ZRt.
Székhely: 7400 Kaposvár, Pécsi u. 67-69., Levelezési cím: 7401 Kaposvár, Pf. 58
Cégszám: Somogy Megyei Bíróság mint Cégbíróság 14-10-300239
Adószám: 13749619-2-44
Telefon: 82/502-400, Fax: 82/502-415
http://www.kometa.hu