[En-Nut-Discussion] Realy strange linker problem with NutOS 4.4.0 for Ethernut 3.0 (ARM)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Feb 12 14:40:32 CET 2008

Ole Reinhardt schrieb:

> Everything works fine until I use the strdup() function in my sources.

strdup() is not supplied by Nut/OS. Thus, it will collect the missing
routine from the newlib, which is part of your ARM toolchain. However,
more dependencies are created and finally you end up with lots of linker
errors and duplicates.

Specific solution: Add an strdup() implementation to your application code.

General solution: Always check your map file for functions supplied by
libraries which are not part of any Nut/OS library.