[En-Nut-Discussion] Not fixed!!!: Re: confirmed!!! Re: NutOS 4.4.0 on ARM7: possibly bug in NutEnterCritical / NutExitCritical

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Feb 22 20:01:55 CET 2008

Ole Reinhardt schrieb:

> Good idea. I could think about a fourth version where we only disable a
> special interrupt if the critical section is not vulnerable to other
> interrupts. AFAIK linux also implements differen kind of spinlocks.

This is already available via NutIrqDisable and NutIrqEnable and is
used, for example, in arch/arm/dev/at91_emac.c.

Actually, the constraint for disabling all interrupts are quite rare.
Event handling is a candidate, because the "pending events counter"
NUTTHREADINFO::td_qpec by almost any interrupt handler.

Most device drivers do not need to disable global interrupts, as they do
today. Someone simply has to update them.