[En-Nut-Discussion] AVR Studio setup for use with Ethernut

Chuck Hackett egroupscdh at up844.us
Thu Jan 17 14:20:54 CET 2008

AVR Studio (Ver 4.13, bld 528) seems to have a problem when using the
"external makefile" option in that the "jump to the line in error"
(double-click the error message in the Build window) does not appear to work
when an external makefile is used (found this referenced in the AVR Studio
forum on AVRFreaks).

Now I just have to figure out all the options I need in the AVR Studio
generated makefile (project Configuration Options) to compile Ethernut
projects.

I would like to setup my development directories in a separate directory
tree from Ethernut (i.e.: under "C:\My Ethernut Apps" rather than under
"C:\ethernut-4.4.0\nutapp" which, I gather, is the more widely used
practice).

I want to use a separate directory tree so I don't have to move my apps when
I install a new version of Ethernut.

Has anyone setup the Configuration Options in AVR Studio for compiling
Ethernut applications in a separate directory tree?  If so, I'd appreciate
some pointers to keep from having to track down each error ...

Cheers,

Chuck Hackett
"Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment"
7.5" gauge Union Pacific Northern (4-8-4) 844
http://www.whitetrout.net/Chuck