[En-Nut-Discussion] UART example for AT91SAM9260-EK

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Jun 16 13:17:43 CEST 2008

Lasse Conrad wrote:

> Because I am running my program in SD-Ram and starting it with the Sam-Ba
> tool then the debugger cannot follow it until after it is started. The
> program is simply not there. /blush.

Not sure about this. It may be possible to get an already running
program under GDB's control, but the normal way is that the debugger
uploads the code to the target during startup. This requires to
initialize the SDRAM by the debugger, which is not trivial.

> For example in the events.c code.
>
>     /*
>      * Endless loop in main thread.
>      */
>     for (;;) {
>         putchar('M');    // <--- Add break point here.
>         NutSleep(125);
>     }

After "go 0x20000000", do you see any serial port output? Otherwise make
sure to use the right DB9 connector.