[En-Nut-Discussion] Http infinite loop problem.

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 00:38:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
> Harald Kipp wrote:
>> Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
>>>    I was able to get the code to work back again by adding a timeout
>>> to the socket before passing on the stream to NutHttpProcessRequest,
>>> but then it always takes a timeout to finish loading cgi's and asp's.
>>> Not to mention that it requires code change on existing applications.
>>
>> I stumbled over this issue myself some time ago. As stated several times
>> in this list, my knowledge about HTTP is limited. Anyone else knows, how
>> the HTTP daemon should handle keep-alive connections?
>
> I found the following (old) document
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/keepalive.html
>
> I can confirm, that the problem appears with browsers running on
> Windows, even with the latest Firefox release.
>
> Looks like Thiago's suggestion, disabling keep-alive on scripts, is the
> right way to go.

It seams that the problem also happens on static files as well, I'm
not 100% sure. More testing might be needed. Since ethernut now
supports index.asp I have removed the only static file I had that
would only redirect to my index.asp.

If that is a bug with the browsers, I wonder what apache does to work
around this bug :(