[En-Nut-Discussion] TWI at AT91SAM9260 and Nut/OS Driver

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Jun 24 21:47:09 CEST 2008

Hi!

> Alternatively you can copy dev/twbbif.c to your application directory
> and add it to your Makefile instead. This is the bitbanged version,
> which I used so far. The at91_twi.c had been contributed by Ole, who is
> obviously too busy right now to respond.

Just a little :) Sorry. I just brought some I2C devices home to debug my
driver further but did not found a minute to do so. TWI must be
initialized before using. Calling TWIInit() for example enables the twi
function unit in the sam7 processor.

> Btw. the Olimex hardware provides pull-up resistors, right?

Yes it does. At least the sam7x board does.

The current state of the at91_twi.c driver is still a little bit alpha.
For me it worked quite well in combination with a ATMega8 acting as a
slave. But I just transfered very short data sequences. Mostly just a
single byte.

I assume the problem is to search somwhere down in the errata document
of the sam7 as twi just stops working at all (for me and with my test
code).

@af_80: If you could send me more information at which situation the
driver stops working this would help me much debugging the system. And
don't forget to initialise the driver.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |