[En-Nut-Discussion] TWI at AT91SAM9260 and Nut/OS Driver

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jun 26 16:52:10 CEST 2008

Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> I did not realy understand why Harald suggested to copy
> the twi driver sources to your local directory. This would be of benefit
> only if you want to modify this sources but don't want to touch your
> ethernut tree.

Exactly. I suggested to create a local copy to add various printfs for
tracing.

> You'r in need of some interrupt handlers these should be correctly
> included if you have configured NutOS to use the at91_twi driver and you
> include the following files in your application:

But, as far as I understood, the application already compiled fine. The
problem was, that no activity of the I2C lines was observed. Copying
Nut/OS library modules to the application's build directory and adding
them to the application's Makefile will not result in compile errors.
(Though, there are a few exceptions like the RTL8019 driver, which uses
a local header file.)

This requires however, that you are using the original Makefiles. If you
rolled your own, things may become complicated.

> It might be possibly that you also need to copy these interrupt handler
> files to your local copy too.

No, definitely not. I'm using local copies quite often. This way I'm
able to hack Nut/OS libraries without breaking something else.