[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut on a softcore

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Mar 8 20:39:26 CET 2008

Hallo,

has anybody considered and/or began to work on Ethernut on some softcore,
like mico32/aemb/microblace etc?

Especially the mico32/lm32 seems promising, as the core is under GPL and people
have used it on Xilinx parts too. It uses the wishbone interconnect bus, and
there are lots of wishbone peripherals available (timer, uart, gpio, spi,
i2c, can etc) on opencores. Uclinux might be another option, but the memory
footprint is much larger, and for the control applications I implemented
with Ethernut the coorperative multitasking nature of Ethernut made
accessing variables much easier. I could reuse my application code too ;-)

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de