[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut as TCP Client stops trying to connect after a while.

Erik Lindstein erik at ledutveckling.com
Tue Mar 11 17:48:32 CET 2008

>>                                                sprintf(info_text ,"Conn
>> error:%d\nCount:%d", socket_error,
>> no_connection_count);
>> But when the client stops connecting I still just read the old "Conn
>> error:%d\nCount:%d" not the "No socket" text.
>

>So what is printed out for socket_value?  I'd have asked about socket errors
>before, but thought that the problem was with NutTcpCreateSocket.
>
>Nathan

>From what i can se from the last socket_error that was printed to the
info_text its "TCPS_SYN_SENT"

But it actualy looks like its the hole thread that stops executing.
If the socket didnt get created i would se another debug text but when
this happend i still just se the same text as if the socket was
created and it trys to connect.

Im using a variable(uint16_t) to set the thread sleep time and that
one is not type cast to a u_long.
Can this (in som strange way) have something to do with this?
( NutSleep(data_exchange_timeout); )

The other threads still run and the tcpsm must still run as it
responds to pings.

I can´t see why the combination of sockets not beeing able to connect
to a server and the hole thread to stop executing.
And also that i can take everything from 24h to just 5-6h before it
happends. And also when it happends its not sure that all the clients
stop.

--
/Erik Lindstein