[En-Nut-Discussion] dhcp not working with linksys / openwrt

Martin Liersch goddchen at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:42:58 CET 2008

hi,
i need to run an at mega 128 chip with nutos in a network with a linksys
wrt54g router.
i need to get dhcp working.
dhcp now works fine in our university network, and some other networks.
but with the openwrt dhcp server it doesn't work. it sends our the dhcp
discover, gets the dhcp offer and doesn't seem to be able to handle it.
we monitored the process with wireshark and we found out the our university
dhcp server (which is working) is sending out the dhcp options in the vendor
specific options field of the dhcp protocol in a different order then the
openwrt dhcp server does.
i had a look at the ParseOffer function and it seems like the order of
options is hardcoded there, which then of course doesn't work with a
different order like the openwrt server sends them.
did anybody ever encounter the same problem?
does anybody know any fix for this?

Gr33tz Goddchen