[En-Nut-Discussion] Killing Processes and malloc

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Thu Mar 13 17:46:30 CET 2008

Moritz Struebe escreveu:
> I'm taking care of the "if anything changes" problem doing some
> crc32-checks.

The real problem is not "knowing" if anything changes, but changing the
base parte it it does...

> I'm not sure about the incremental linking, but it's probably not going
> to work. (The linked stuff must not be touched, the data section must
> not be changed (the memory is part of the heap and may contain data), etc).

The description matches very closely your requirements, but changing
without restarting is the big problem.

> The multi-boot approach is interesting but isn't reasonable on an AVR.

Could you briefly explain why? I imagined that specialy the AVR had good
support for that...

Alain