[En-Nut-Discussion] SD-Card Ethernut3 hangup after insert - electrical problem solved

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Fri Mar 14 11:51:09 CET 2008

it works´now,

after testing some kind of sdcards i found out that it only happens with
bigger cards (2GB Verbatim).
after inserting the 2GB card npl doesn´t work correct. no npl-interrupts any
more.
even my lcd at the front panel doesn´t work because there is no output from
the cpld-lines i used
for that.  when i examine the npl registers there all zero after inserting
the card.
thinking about the difference between the card i thought that the bigger
cards have much more gates
and more power consumption.
that´s the whole problem - the 470nF condensator on the board isn´t big
enough to deliver such an amount of current. whith my scope i can see a very
small (some ns) glitch at the 3 volt power line.
this causes the cpld to reset it´s registers.

attaching a 10µf condensator parallel to the 470nF solves the problem. now
it works with  any card´s
i have.
only a simple electrical problem.

Martin