[En-Nut-Discussion] Thread stops executing after some time.

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Mon Mar 24 20:50:28 CET 2008

Hi,

just an Idea. You seem to have two threads with very low available stack
memory. "SmuTh" and "TaTh". It might be possible that those two threads
produce a stack overflow and overwrite some data of another thread. I
had a similar problem in one of my projects and this also lead to a
hanging thread.

You should try to increase the threads stack as a first try.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

> When the inetd thread stops executing i can connect to the unit and i
> get the output seen below:
> 220 List of threads with name,state,prio,stack,mem,timeout follows
> tcpsm   Sleep   32      461     OK      27
> TcpS    Run     64      2546    OK      None
> inetd   Sleep   64      2381    OK      None
> rxi5    Sleep   9       603     OK      1392
> wdt     Sleep   40      255     OK      8
> SmuTh   Sleep   64      65      OK      71
> PcuTh   Sleep   64      805     OK      1
> HvpsTh  Sleep   64      605     OK      24
> IppsTh  Sleep   64      965     OK      4
> TaTh    Sleep   64      65      OK      35
> LcdTh   Sleep   64      929     OK      34
> main    Sleep   64      733     OK      451
> idle    Ready   254     356     OK      None

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |