[En-Nut-Discussion] EIR works very nice, AAC Mp3 and OggVorbis, sound is excellent : I am happy with it.

Edwin van den Oetelaar edwin at oetelaar.com
Sun May 4 12:23:29 CEST 2008

Hello Harald and everyone,

I want to share with you that the EIR works very nicely.
After figuring out how to get it to start after flashing (see Wiki) it
works fine.
I can confirm to you that it plays *MP3* *OggVorbis* and *AAC* streams
perfectly.
(I have not tested AAC+ yet)
I tested it with my new 'Digital Internet Audio Network Appliance'
=='DIANA-2'.
<shameless-plug>
This new 'DIANA-2' device  I made encodes 2 streams on multiple codecs
(mp3/aac/OggVorbis/OggFLAC) simultaneous
 and stores copies on 2 USB-sticks for archiving : www.hexnut.net
</shameless-plug>
The sound quality is very high (my ears can't detect differences between
CD and my 96Kbps AAC stream)
The EIR can be used as a solution for point to point audio connections,
once it is set-up it stores the last selected favorite and connects to
it when powered on. That is all you need on the receiving end.
Thanks for creating the  EIR, it fills a void in my portfolio.

Greetings to all,
Edwin van den Oetelaar (www.oetelaar.com)