[En-Nut-Discussion] Duplicate code in httpd.c and ssi.c

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue May 13 23:58:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

>    I'm having some problems with my embedded http server that was
> working before (not sure yet the causes),

Could you discriber a little what in detail does not work?

>  so I was looking at diffs
> from cvs, when I stumbled uppon a duplicate function: static void
> DestroyRequestInfo(REQUEST * req). It's implemented (in different
> ways!) in httpd.c and ssi.c. I would like to take out the ssi one and

I recently modified a little pice of code in ssi.c, but this should
work as it does in my own application.

On the other hand httpd changed some time ago and I still use the one of
ethernut 4.4.0. So there might be introduced a bug later on.

> remove the static qualifier from the one in httpd.c so it can be
> shared between the two. This will also require moving from
> NutHeapAlloc to malloc in ssi.c.

Why you have to move from NutHeapAlloc to malloc? malloc is simply a
wrapper to NutHeapAlloc...

Could you send me your proposed patch? I'll have a look on it and might
better understand your problem.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |