[En-Nut-Discussion] re location truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol solved - so far

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Sat May 17 21:53:23 CEST 2008

Hi Alain,

i only took the at91_rom.ld from ENUT 4.5.4 beta and the armh. which defines
RAMFUNC thats all.
Changes in my code are only : setting the attribute and put only those
things to the RAMFUNC´s that
doesn´t call anything from Flash. At first i've made the mistake to leave
the ready-loop in flash, but that can´t work so i changed it.   I think next
week i must look to the problem in deep.  In the moment i
see nothing that avoids storing data in the Flash if all the stuff for
writing to flash is in the ram.
All of the code is completly tested and debugged in RAM. I´ve some complex
structures like Fifos and
indexed datastorage with fast retrievel with a bit wear-leveling the flash
and auto-garbage collection and what else is needed. It´s a bit special to
my application but if someone is interested i can send it. I havn`t expected
that it will be such a problem to make it run in flash, first with the
compiler / linker and now
with the code itself. But i think sooner or later i will catch him.

Martin