[En-Nut-Discussion] Patch Submit Format

duane ellis ethernut at duaneellis.com
Mon May 19 02:48:21 CEST 2008

Harald, et al,

I have been working on some patches for arm ethernut and would like to
start submitting some.

How would you like them?
    ie:    Standard Patch format, per the PATCH man page?
           LC_ALL=C TZ=UTC0  diff -Naur  OLD NEW

There are a series of these.

Some are very simple cleanups
    compiler warning reductions.
    missing #include <compiler.h> in strings library

Some are new modules
    a Ctype.h module - and matching C & H files

    Which - I have some questions about where the header file should live.
    [same issues as $(NUT)/include/stdio.h]
    Not exactly sure how you handle this.

Some tool/makefile/etc enhancements

    full support for "gcc arm-multilib" in the tools.
    that means: Big/Little Endian, any arm cpu, and full arm/thumb
interworking.
    A very simple makefile to build a standalone 'raw' ARM compiler with
full multi-lib support.

I can verify the ARM stuff - on the atmel hardware I have - and maybe
others.
Truth is - that probably will find a lot of the b/l endian problems.

-Duane.