[En-Nut-Discussion] RAM usage for NUT/OS (Re-sending)

D T drt80_forum at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 06:09:17 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am new to this group and I am not sure if my mails are reaching the discussion group, hence re-sending the email.

Thanks for reading the post.

I have an upcoming project based on AVR32. The project will have TCP/IP stack along with other features.

I need to incorporate a TCP/IP stack and Nut/Net seems to be a good choice right now. I would be using TCP, UDP and HTTP.

The code size will not be an issue (have plenty), but have a limited amount of RAM of 64K.

With all the applications in the project the around 25K RAM will be left for TCPIP.

Can anyone please state the approximate RAM usage?

The project does not require a RTOS. Is it required to use NUT/OS to use the TCPIP stack? Is the stack single threaded?

Thanks,

drt