[En-Nut-Discussion] SPI DMA with AT91SAM7x256

Ajit Narayanan ajitn at inventionlabs.in
Mon May 26 18:51:03 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've been trying to use DMA with SPI with Ethernut 4.4.1 on
AT91SAM7x256-EK and I am facing a problem.

The interrupt handlers, ih_at91spi0.c and ih_at91spi1.c, are not included
in the make process. Since sig_SPI0 and sig_SPI1 are defined in these
files, I get a linker error if I use SPI functionality.

I tried modifying the Makefile in the nut/arch folder, to place the ih_
files under ifeq ($(DEVICE), AT91SAM7X256) conditional.

When I run Configurator, I find that this nonetheless has no effect on the
Makefile in the bld/arch folder, and the nutarch library does not contain
the ih_ functionality.

This is a little puzzling to me. Can anyone help me understand what's
going on, and how to use SPI DMA mode?

Best wishes,
Ajit