[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS Unix emulation status?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Nov 13 09:49:32 CET 2008

Hi!

> Not really. As far as I remember, the interface for sending raw Ethernet
> packets is WinPCap specific. As you already mentioned, receiving them
> should be no problem.

will we realy need a packet based interface or could'nt we just write
some wrapper functions to map the NutOS socket controle, TCP, UDP (and
others) functions to standard linux functions as well?

This would not be an exact NutOS emulation but would allow to develop
NutOS applications on a pc.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |