[En-Nut-Discussion] ARM: NutRegisterDevice fail for the ethernet [was (no subject)]

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:55:08 CET 2008

Well, I guess you should then look for the reasons int
EmacInit(NUTDEVICE * dev) in ethernut\nut\arch\arm\dev\at91_emac.c
returns -1. Most probable is the EmacReset(EMAC_LINK_LOOPS).

EmacReset for instance checks the PHY ID's, so if you are using
something different than those 3 options it would fail.
Also, it returns -1 if the link speed negociation fails. You might
want to try connecting the board to different switches/hubs/routers.
It's unusual, but I've heard crazy stories of devices that doesn't
behave correctly in the auto negociation.
That's it, the 2 most critical return -1 I've found. It also does
return -1 if the NutThreadCreate or NutRegisterIrqHandler fails, which
is unusual.

It might be helpfull for your debugging if you change some of those
values to -2, -3, etc... to trace the exact cause.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa