[En-Nut-Discussion] Network Link state on at91_emac and others

Nathan Moore nategoose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:45:31 CEST 2008

> NutNetIfConfig(), NutDhcpIfConfig() and
> similar.
>
> In general, these routines had been a mess since the introduction of
> DHCP in Nut/Net.

I just recently messed around with NutNetIfConfig, and it hurt.
I ended up adding an *if_config() to IFNET to get rid of the if
(ether){...}else if (ppp){...}
in there.  I did something similar with NutIpSend to get the Arp out of
there, adding
an *ip_send(dev, nb, next_hop) to IFNET.
This was helpful since at the time we were only using PPP and didn't need
Arp code
to be included.

Nathan