[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS Initialization

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 17 18:07:06 CEST 2008

Hi Nathan,

I assume you responded to the wrong message, which confuses me a bit. If
I got it right, you tried to answer my question about how the linker
becomes aware of the new structure.

Or I failed to fully understood Thiago's post, to which you responded.
Thus, if I'm talking rubbish now, you know at least why. ;-)

Nathan Moore wrote:
> I suspect that the case of automatically hooking in the call back functions
> if they are implemented is done by way of having alternate implementations
> of those functions in libraries with the like order (or priority) arranged
> so that
> if you didn't write your own the default is pulled from the library, and the
> default doesn't actually do anything.

You mean some kind of weak definition, like we use it for interrupt
vectors. Mh...smart attempt.

However, that would mean for Nut/OS, that we waste a lot of valuable RAM
for the default structures.