[En-Nut-Discussion] Native Timer

Benoit Smeysters smeystersb at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:28:37 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm new with RTOS and thus NUT/OS.

In NutApi, we can see :

" Even after the timer elapsed, the callback function is not executed before the currently running thread is ready to give up the CPU. Thus, system timers may not fulfill the required accuracy. For precise or high resolution timing, native timer interrupt routines are a better choice. "

Thus, my question is what is "Native timer" ?

Is it the hardware timer ?

Can I use hardware timers (except timer 0 ?) like I want ?

Thanks

Benoît Smeysters

Student

Rue des Meuniers 17