[En-Nut-Discussion] MMnet01 .conf problem ... I guess

Martin Clausen margucl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 21:06:37 CEST 2009

Nope, still no success.
I have now used three different programmers: usbasp, ponyprog and jtag ice.
Ponyprog and jtag ice both verifies the downloaded hex.
I think I now ruled out the programmer. It is definitely _not_ a problem
with the programmer.

Did I forget something during setup?
This is what I did (after installing ethernut 4.8.2 and updating PATH to
include nut\tools\win32):
2: Repository tab:
Repository file: nut\conf\repository.nut
3: Build tab:
Source dir: nut
Platform: avr-gcc
Build dir: C:\ethernut-4.8.2\MMnet01_nut
Install dir: C:\ethernut-4.8.2\MMnet01_nut\lib
4: Tools tab:
Tools path: C:\ethernut-4.8.2\nut\tools\win32;c:\winavr\bin;   (winavr
version is 20090313)
5: Samples tab:
Application dir: C:\ethernut-4.8.2\MMnet01_samples
Programmer: AVR-dude

I then execute "build Nut/OS" followed by "Create Sample Directory"
Then I open a command prompt, navigate to MMnet01_samples\basemon dir and
execute the "make" command.
I then use the JTAG ICE in AVR Studio to flash the basemon.hex. Programming
process returns "FLASH contents is equal to file ... OK".

Then from within TERA TERM I setup a serial connection at 115200 baud, reset
the MMnet01 and hit spacebar on my PC, and then .... nothing happens
It is definitely _not_ a problem with my serial connection - the "uart"
sample application works fine.

Now, what do you suggest? Buy another MMnet01 module to exlude the board
from the list of potential causes?

\Martin