[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3 hardware points: RAM on expansion port and SD card

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sun Aug 2 17:50:03 CEST 2009

Hi Colin,

I had used the external RAM on Ethernut 3.0e and other SAM7 based
Applications without any problem. Just keep an eye on timing and correct
Chipselects.

The power-glitch while handling any hotswap device is a problem that can
be worked around by installing a 100nf and a 1uF capacitor as close as
possible to the vcc/gnd of the socket. This is a workaround as the real
solution should be to design in a slot controller. I.e. a chip that does
bus connection/disconnection including power up / power down of the cards.

Best regards, Ulrich