[En-Nut-Discussion] qnutconf

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Dec 1 11:19:02 CET 2009

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
>> use initially, it always fails with "Erro: There was a problem opening
>> the file, please check the log message." and and
>
> Hmmm hard to say. It´s easier to place a break point at the loading of
> the file and follow the calls to see where it goes wrong. It shouldn´t

Tried that and found, that it is a little bit hard to debug with almost
no knowledge about how Qt works. Not to mention modifying the code after
discovering a bug. In the meantime I became more familiar with it and
started to write a few sample apps. I also started to port the Nut
Discoverer.

> be necessary to go down to the C code though. For me it just works. I
> run it at the level below nut and, most often, at the qnutconf folder
> level. I added code that looks for nut up and down in the tree, the
> nutconf only looks down, therefore would only work if run at the same
> level as the one containing the nut folder.

Thanks, I'm sure I will have more success with debugging next time.

> Can´t remember what might be wrong. As I said to Ole, I only tried
> with avr32 .conf files, which one did you load?

Tried the EVK1100 as well. It works fine with Ole's Linux build but
fails on Windows, while Ole experiences the same problem on Linux. Quite
funny.

> install. Then place the Qt\version\bin to path. You could also use Qt
> Creator, an IDE from Trolltech (Nokia now).

Yeah, well... I'm used to MSVC and flinch to from using a new IDE for
each project. Anyway, the VC integration works well and I don't think
anymore, that the tools are the problem. Note, that Ole experiences the
same problem on Linux.

> Outch, I wasnt aware of that. I got an EVK1104, but didn´t have the
> time to play with it yet :(

Btw. did you also remove the plastic foil placed on the touch sonsors?
;-) I did and than read that I spoiled the board. Well, not really. It
later turned out, that they are not working well at all.

Anyway, after modifying the RS-232 initialization locally, Nut/OS seems
to run fine on this board. I recently added an Ethernet Null Driver to
get rid of linker problems when trying to compile _all_ Nut/OS samples.

> Then, I use the build system to build this or that arch code (much
> like Trolltech did with Qt). This reduces a lot the #ifdefs.
> I could commit it, but then as I said, it's very primordial support
> and doesn't even build fully. I guess we could extend for tha AP7xx
> later if someone wishes to use it for standalone code.

Right now I'm quite satisfied with your work for the UC3 and won't have
time to try the AP7, but in long term I'm most interested, of course.

Btw. Michael Fischer is looking into USB support for the UC3 under Nut/OS.