[En-Nut-Discussion] nutos_4.8.5_i386.deb in Ubuntu(Hardy)

jose jose.vallet at hut.fi
Tue Dec 22 10:37:51 CET 2009

Hello all.

I am trying to install nutos_4.8.5_i386.deb in my Ubuntu Hardy, and I
cannot because a non satisfiable dependency with libwxbase2.8-0.

It seems that nutos depends on  libwxbase2.8-0 (>= 2.8.9.1). The (latest
at the moment) version installed in Hardy is 2.8.7.1-0ubuntu3. I forced
the installation and tried nutconf quickly, and seemed to work properly.
However nutos_4.8.5_i386.deb package appears as broken.

My question is whether nutconf really needs libwxbase >= 2.8.9.1 or if
the requirements could be downgraded to 2.8.7.1. This way Hardy users
would not have problems with the installation of nutos_4.8.5_i386.deb
neither with the maintenance of their system, as adept will remove
automatically broken packages every time you want to update the system.
Note also that Ubuntu Hardy is long time support.

Br
José