[En-Nut-Discussion] Using boost::preprocessor (preprocessor metaprogramming)

Henrik Maier hmnews at proconx.com
Wed Feb 11 06:19:32 CET 2009

Thank you Thiago!

Well, I certainly can see the benefit. In particular I had it several times
that I introduced the classic copy and paste error by copying code for
device1 to device2 and then forgot to renumber some variables or
definitions. With the boost::preprocessor macros that would be a matter of
the past. It also follows the DRY principle
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_repeat_yourself).

The only concern I have is that Nut/OS contributors have to learn
boost::preprocessor, which could impose a potential hurdle for people
willing to contribute or change code.

The other issue would be debugability.

What do the other contributors think?

Regards