[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP FFlush slow on Ethernut 3

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Sat Feb 14 20:01:32 CET 2009

Hi Ole,

yes i know that my code in RAM is allways slower mostly 3 times. Due to this
i put some of my time critical routines in RAM (But i can´t put the whole
nut in RAM)
That explains the difference between ROM and RAM. I don´t really know what
all is needed for tcp but i suppose the time (even in RAM) doesn´t  depend
on caculations the cpu does. May be something waits there for an event or
so. Why does it took first times 8ms and then 2 ms for the same
transmission.
Next i drill down to the whole tcp stuff and look how it works. May be my
analyzer will show me where the time is left and i learn what´s the reason
for this.
It´s allways a big fun to work with Ethernut and my big commercial
application on my own boards works very well and this delay is not really a
problem for me.
But i want to know for myself what happens here.

Martin