[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP FFlush slow on Ethernut 3 - solved

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Tue Feb 17 09:39:56 CET 2009

Hi Ole,

that´s it.  In tcpout i see that every second time this code is executed.

sock->so_retran_time = (u_short) NutGetMillis();

I don´t know why retran is set but this causes the problems because
NutGetMillis calls NutGetClock and this is rather slow and i think not
needed again and again. I read the thread about NutGetMillis and i think
there will be a solution in future. Only Reading one time at system start
would be enough and later get the value from variable. This var needs only
to be changed if one reprogramms the clock at runtime.

Anyway i´ve switched the configurator to fixed value and all is well. It´s
the turbo for my application, because it´s based on many small
transmissions.

FFlush now tooks only 2ms (instead of 40ms) in ROM Mode and only 800µs in
RAM Mode. And there are other locations in the tcp-stuff which uses
NutGetClock because even the transmision after the retran setting is
accelerated significantly. For example the arp functions use it and may be
some more.

thank you for your helpfull hint

Martin