[En-Nut-Discussion] New stable release (was Re: TCP FFlush slow on Ethernut 3 - solved)

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Feb 18 10:28:19 CET 2009

Hi Harald,

> Anyway, to the topic. Both, the release of a new stable branch had been
> expected since weeks and thus the 4.6 code hadn't been touched. Many
> fixes had been applied to 4.7 beta lately and the stability looks good
> so far. Beside that, I'm interesting to get your AVR32 port included and
> also the BTnut project (those few people who are left) announced their
> interest in moving to the Ethernut distribution. This should not happen
> before we tag a stable branch 4.8 and then moving CVS HEAD to Subversion.
>
> I'll need a few more days to update some docs and web pages, may be
> fixing more bugs as they appear. Nevertheless, I think we should fix a
> deadline now.

Ok, I still have some nearly ready work laying around here, I'd realy
like to add into the next stable. Is there any chance? If yes, how much
time I'll have?

Sorry, as always there is so much to do and I'd relay like to intensivly
test my code by myself before checkin it in. In detail I'd still like to
add the ICMP support for UDP sockets to the next stable release. If you
like I'd first send you the patches for review before cheking them in.

What's about adding this little code snipped collection? They won't be
critical for stability?

Bye,

Ole

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |