[En-Nut-Discussion] VS10XX Audio Decoder (dev/vs10xx.c) needs rewritting.

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 08:32:34 CET 2009

Hi,

   The dev/vs10xx.c has port defines that only switch between MCU_AT91
and __AVR__, and that breaks the port to other platforms.
   I can't enable HW_GPIO on my chip definition, without enabling that
driver. Is there an easy way to do requres = { (HW_MCU_AVR ||
HW_MCU_AT91) } ?

   I guess using the <cfg/arch/porttran.h> would make it more
portable, even if it's a bit ugly. But then the __AVR__ branch has a
bit of a problem still:
#if (VS10XX_SIGNAL_IRQ == INT0)
#define VS10XX_SIGNAL       sig_INTERRUPT0
#define VS10XX_DREQ_BIT     0
#define VS10XX_DREQ_PDS_REG PIND
#define VS10XX_DREQ_PUE_REG PORTD
#define VS10XX_DREQ_OE_REG  DDRD

   First, I'm not sure how to fit that with the porttran.h solution,
and second, I don't think that's much portable between AVR's. It
assumes that INT0 is always PD0, I don't know if that's a valid
assumption.

   Perhaps using GPIO interrupts instead, we could make that work.
Right now I don't know where to begin to fix that.

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa