[En-Nut-Discussion] SPI Bus

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Sat Feb 21 12:48:18 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:49:25AM -0300, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I'm now porting the SPI Bus, and as always, I'm taking the at91 as
> example. Is there any reason why the at91 driver is not using the PCS
> to let the chip auto manage the CSn line?

The automangement often doesn't match with the slaves expectations.
Some slaves require the CS to be asserted over a complete sequence,
while the SPI controller deasserts it very quick.
And sometimes people want more than 4 slaves.
I assume almost everyone is doing it manually.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de