[En-Nut-Discussion] Newlib version dependent defnition of unsetenv

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Fri Jan 2 22:59:42 CET 2009

Hi all,

I just compiled a new gnu-arm toolchain with newlib 1.17.

Unfortunatly newlib 1.17 defines the function unsetenv with return type
int, former versions had return type void and so it is implemented in
nut/crt/setenv.c

So when compiling NutOS with the new toolchain, it results in an invalid
redeclaration of unsetenv.

Btw: The version returning int is the "standard".

So I'd like to make a descision on compile time if newlib is < 1.17 or
newer. Any Idea for that? Using define _NEWLIB_VERSION is quite
uncomfortable, as it is defined as a string.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |