[En-Nut-Discussion] Optimizing nutconf

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:23:12 CET 2009

Hi,

   I've been messing with nutconf and something that has bothered me a
little bit is how slow it has became as our conf scripts gets bigger
and more complex. I've given it a shot in optimizing it a little bit.
So far, what I got is attached as a patch for comments.

   This is some basics, like calling the literal pushstring when
appropriate, caching some values to avoid table lookups all the time,
etc. So far the results doesn't seam to be perceptible :(
   Any ideas?

   I'm running on a 2.8Ghz Quad, and still takes some 3 seconds to
tick a checkbox, wonder how nutconf is doing for others.

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa