[En-Nut-Discussion] ARM in Thumb mode

Adam Dybkowski adybkows at wp.pl
Sat Jan 10 01:43:39 CET 2009

Hi.

How can I compile and run Nut/OS in Thumb mode on AT91SAM7S256?
I didn't find the answer in the En-Nut-Discussion Archives.

The source code tells Thumb mode is not supported
(nut/arch/arm/os/context.c) but on this microcontroller the
Thumb-compiled code runs faster than in ARM mode, and the code size is
also important for me.

If this is not possible in current Nut/OS (cvs) version, I'd like to add
Thumb support to Nut/OS. Where should I start the development? I have a
board based on AT91SAM7S256 and JTAG cable.

--
Adam Dybkowski
		adybkows at wp.pl
		http://dybkowski.net/