[En-Nut-Discussion] Optimizing nutconf

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:19:54 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
>> Unfortunally it doesn't improve the checkbox problem in a
>> noticeable way. It should show some improvement in a measured
>> profiling session though.
>
> I think I know what's the difference between your slow version and mine,
> which is not that bad: Are you running the debug version?

Release also gives me a good 1,5 or 2 seconds delay between the click
on the checkbox and it's value showing up on screen.

>> Btw, I opened a new bug issue about the autotools config. It can't
>> find lua on my gentoo system, and I don't know autotools enough to fix
>> it.
>
> The fix applied by Ole didn't fix it?
>
> * configure.ac: Checks and warns about an empty $LUA_HEADERS
>                also looks in more places. Thanks again to Uwe Bonnes
>
> Did you install Lua 5.0? Initially Lua 5.1 had been intentionally
> ignored. I'm not sure if the Configurator works with Lua 5.1 and if
> Uwe's contribution allows Lua 5.1.

Yes, current HEAD can't find lua libs :(
I've added the full out of autogen.sh below for reference.
I have lua 5.1.3-r3 installed here. But the lib is called
/usr/lib/liblua.a so I think the current script should have been able
to find it.
Lua headers are in /usr/include.

I also have lua with pkg-config enabled here, if this is default,
perhaps configure should use pkg-config.

Btw, I've seen other packages using -I and -L to help configure find
headers/libs in somewhat non-standard places, we should try to have
that as well. But I have no idea how difficult that is.

Thanks,
   Thiago A. Correa

localhost nut # ./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: line 25: acinclude: command not found
autoreconf-2.61: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf-2.61: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf-2.61: running: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.61 --force
autoreconf-2.61: running: /usr/bin/autoheader-2.61 --force
autoreconf-2.61: running: automake --add-missing --force-missing
configure.ac:189: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:189: installing `./missing'
tools/crurom/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
autoreconf-2.61: Leaving directory `.'

autoreconf done.

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for doxygen... false
configure: WARNING: Doxygen not found, will not create API reference.
checking for dot... false
configure: WARNING: Graphviz not found, will create incomplete API reference.
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for lua... /usr/bin/lua
checking for library containing lua_open... no
checking for library containing luaL_loadfile... no
configure: WARNING: Lua library missing, will not build configuration tools.
configure: WARNING: Lua Headers not found disabled
configure: WARNING: lua disabled: required for nutconf tools
configure: wxWidgets enabled
configure: checking for wxWidgets
checking for wx-config... /usr/bin/wx-config
configure: checking for propgrid
configure: wxpropgrid enabled
configure: checking for wxpropgrid
checking for /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/propgrid/propgrid.h... no
checking for /usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/propgrid/propgrid.h... no
configure: WARNING: wxpropgrid not found
configure: checking for nutconfgui
configure: WARNING: nutconfigure wasn't build
configure: checking for nutdisc
configure: nutdisc requires lua
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating tools/crurom/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/nutconf/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/nutdisc/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/linux/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/packaging/ethernut.spec
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/gen/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/gen/nut_en.cfg
config.status: creating config.h
  Your Nut/OS development environment has been configured.
  After running make and make install, you may...
  ... run nutconf or nutconfigure to set up a Nut/OS build tree.
  ... or run ./nutsetup to set up the environment for building
      Nut/OS in the source tree.