[En-Nut-Discussion] ARM in Thumb mode

Adam Dybkowski adybkows at wp.pl
Tue Jan 13 01:39:16 CET 2009

Harald Kipp wrote:

>> I didn't find any
>> definitions in Nut/OS makefiles that differentiate ARM/Thumb required
>> compiler modes - that's why I asked about it.
>
> Although planned initially (that's why it's compiled with interwork),
> nothing had been done so far in the official distribution.

I'm trying to run just my main function compiled in Thumb mode (I have
to start from something), the rest of Nut/OS is in ARM mode. I run it in
internal RAM of AT91SAM7S256 (made custom linker script and assembly
boot code) and get this error from openocd after jumping from
NutIdle->NutThreadCreate->NutThreadSwitch to my Thumb-mode main function:

      10 [main] openocd 3124 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while
dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The openocd dies and I'm back in prompt. Also, arm-elf-insight stops
debugging. This error happens everytime I try to do a single step (gdb
"si") first time in Thumb code.

--
Adam Dybkowski
		adybkows at wp.pl