[En-Nut-Discussion] arm port (RFC: Changing ARM mode)

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Jan 13 11:37:49 CET 2009

Hi!

> The user mode may indeed cause problems, because our simple OS doesn't
> provide something like 'enter kernel routine'. Thus, my suggestion is to
> run the application and system routines in system mode, which is the
> privileged mode that uses the user mode register bank.

In which cases would we need 'enter kernel routine'? In some interrupt
driven functions? All other driver code shold just run fine in user
mode, does it?

For me it sounds much cleaner to run as most code as possible in user
mode and implement such context switch functions???

Bye,

Ole

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |