[En-Nut-Discussion] Optimizing nutconf

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 14 16:53:20 CET 2009

Ole Reinhardt wrote:
>> The main problem is, that it seems to be impossible to
>> have a scrolled window without vertical scrollbar. For now ignore the
>> bar in the middle of the component tree."
>>
>> I tried to fix this, but my knowledge about GTK was too limited.
>
> With (pure) GTK+ I'm quite firm. So perhaps I can help you out here... I
> would expect having a tree with just one scrolling window in GTK should
> be no problem. But AFAIK you use Wx wrapper classes, right?

The big advantage of wxWigdets is, that it provides a native look and
feel on all supported platforms. So yes, as far as possible the
Configurator is purely based on the wxWidgets classes.

Of course we can still overload wxWidget classes or let its maintainers
know how to fix the problem. I got stuck at the point, where I need to
tell GTK+, that we will have a vertically treeview without vertical
scroll bar. I just googled for it and found at

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx_text_ctrl.html

that the style wxTE_NO_VSCROLL will no longer work under GTK+.

There had been an older patch
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/8223
and it had been working some time ago.