[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about following the cross tool chain compilation in Mac osx

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jan 30 09:49:26 CET 2009

Hi Lucius,

Lucius Fox wrote:

> Before I do anything in the document, I already have:
>
> $ gcc --version
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5490)

> $ gdb --version
> GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-962) (Sat Jul 26 08:14:40 UTC
> 2008)
> So how can I following the steps in the article for ARM compilation without
> screwing up my existing environment?

As this is almost the same version that we used to build the arm-elf
cross compiler on OS X, you can go ahead. Both toolchains, the i686 and
the arm-elf will happily co-exist on your machine.

In case you want to use Nut/OS: The only problem I know of is wxWidgets,
because Xcode comes with a rather old version and, as far as I remember,
we had to remove that one. Anyway, like on Linux, the Configurator GUI
doesn't run well on OS X. You may prefer to stick with the command line
version.