[En-Nut-Discussion] Latest nutos missing a configuration topic?

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Thu Jul 9 11:57:36 CEST 2009

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 10:36:13 -0400, uprinz2 at netscape.net wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I updated my dev tree to the latest trunk version of nutos. I found some
> interesting work has been done and so I started to port my device drivers
> to this new system.
> Great idea to use the configurator to select which CS is used by what
chip
> on an SPI bus and if its CS is high or low active.
> But... I miss the option to select the SPI bus itself...

Ok, let's have a litte self talk...

Where spi-devices are connected on a special hardware is highly hardware
dependand. So it does make sense to not define interconnections between cpu
und periphal directly. If you use an example application then there should
be a call
NutRegisterSpiDevice(NUTDEVICE * dev, NUTSPIBUS * bus, int cs);
that connects the hardware.

So I'll modify my contributed examples for 7-Segment LED driver and others
accordingly.