[En-Nut-Discussion] Bug #2826991

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jul 30 20:38:35 CEST 2009

Hi all,

This bug reminds me of a long lasting problem. In nut/os we have some
modules, which are not part of the OS kernel, actually. These are:

condition.c
msg.c
mutex.c
semaphore.c

AFAIK, they are not used by the OS, or at least shouldn't. But their
names look like they are part of the OS, which implicates:

1. They are used often and thus considered bug free.
2. They are well maintained.
3. They *must* work on all platforms.

In the API document they are clearly marked as application candy, but I
think it would be a good idea to move them out of the nut/os folder too.

What do you think about nut/gorp/compat?