[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3 hardware points: RAM on expansion port and SD card

Colin Chaballier colin.chaballier at mt2.fr
Fri Jul 31 10:08:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

As part of the integration of the Ethernut3 in a new design, I'm looking
at the feasibility to add external RAM through the expansion connector.
Do you have any feedback experience on connecting RAM through the
"configurable address bus" on this board ?
Apart the 16bit address bus limitation, should be there any issues
working on the address/data buses through the CPLD logic (latency
control for example) ?

My second point is about the SD Card support. In the Ethernut3
documentation it is reported that there should be a power line glitch
problem when inserting SD card of more than 2GB. Is this problem has
been definitely solved ? Or could we expect later issues when using
large capacity SD cards ?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,
Colin